Best Blog Niches: 5 Topics That Will Lead You To Success
It’s quite a climb to sustain yourself with a blog. There are thousands of them on the web, which makes competing as a professional blogger challenging. Because of this, choosing one of the best blog niches that offers unique content for specific groups of people can give you a head start.
By creating content based on trending niches, finding the most profitable blog niches while avoiding broad topics, you increase the chances of building a good following and monetization opportunities as well. If you’re hoping to blog for a living, these aspects are crucial.
In this post, we’re going to explore what niches are and how they fit into the blogging industry. Then we will list five of the best blog niches to choose from, ranging from popular niches to the most profitable blog niches. Let’s go!
Understand good, unique niches and why they are important for blogging
When it comes to blogging, we usually think of a niche as a specific area that a blogger specializes in. Your content relates to this unique topic and is considered high quality and authoritative on trending topics.
Not every blog has a unique niche, and there is some debate as to whether or not a blog needs to stick to a specific niche in order to be profitable/popular. However, it is widely recognized that niche blog topics offer some useful qualities that make money and provide guidance on content for both novice and advanced content creators.
First, a good niche narrows down the content of your blog. If you decide to write about a topic that pops into your head, your blog can get a bit chaotic, jumping back and forth between high demand topics and ones that few people want to read. Visitors can have trouble making sense of what your blog is about, and this can impact your retention rates.
Scattered topics also make it harder to build an engaged audience. Visitors typically go to popular blogs for information on a specific topic. If your blog covers a lot of blog topics, it becomes more difficult to encourage first-time readers to engage in additional posts that may not be of interest to them.
Finally, sticking to a high-demand, trending niche can help build your credibility. Writing about niche blog topics that follows an idea or two gives you an opportunity to show off your knowledge, while writing broad, flat articles with ideas and topics that readers can find anywhere will set you up for failure.
Should you decide to pursue a unique niche, the decision is not easy to make. You’ll likely be working in this field for years, so you want your topic to be something you find interesting and entertaining. However, it also helps if the niche blog topic already has an established audience (high demand) and opportunities to make money.
How to start a popular and profitable niche blog?
For beginner bloggers who don’t know much about setting up a website, here’s how to start a niche blog with good topics:
- Get a killer domain name – a domain name or your blog name (like
www.KCCSB.com) will only cost you $8 per year with Namecheap.
- Find reliable hosting – This is the server that stores your website files and makes them live online. We recommend Bluehost, which only costs $2.75 per month. Here are some other inexpensive hosting providers to consider.
- Use a blogging platform designed for beginners – We recommend WordPress, the world’s #1 blogging platform, provided as a free download (you just need to sign up for your own hosting).
Once you’ve got everything together, starting your own blog is pretty easy; All you need next are some niche blog ideas and profitable topics!
Starting a blog is one of the best ideas for making money online provided you find a trending niche to target. And to help you do that, we’ve handpicked a list of the top five blogging niches to make your online business profitable, in-demand, and unique in 2022.
How to find your niche
Choosing a niche requires some self-reflection, self-assessment, and an analysis of trending topics and the public in general.
Here are some key questions to ask to find that popular, profitable niche that will keep you hooked for a long time:
- What are your passions or interests? Sports, travel, business, woodworking, gardening, interior design, fashion – they all have potential as profitable niches.
- Are there any niche blog topics that might interest you? Just because you’ve never cooked doesn’t mean you can’t learn.
- What are the workload and resource requirements? Travel blogging is expensive and time-consuming, but sitting at home and photographing food or clothing makes for a lifestyle that doesn’t burn you out.
- Can you narrow one of your interests into a subtopic? Like gardening for city dwellers, shopping for gluten-free people, or fashion for lanky men.
- Do your niche blog ideas offer ample content opportunities? You want to make sure you never have trouble coming up with blog post ideas.
- Are there profitable monetization opportunities? Think affiliate marketing, advertising, partnerships, sponsorships, and course creation. Are there affiliate programs that actually pay out good money? Many affiliate programs take great advantage of people with their low percentages.
- Will you love this niche blog topic after writing hundreds of posts? Really get into that mentality. You also don’t want to destroy your love for a passion by turning it into a business.
- How many other people are looking for this type of content? Keyword research will help find this out. Keyword research can be done using services like SEMrush, KWFinder, etc.
Popular Niche vs. Less-Explored Niche: Which Type Should You Choose?
You have two choices when considering niche blog ideas:
- Choose a popular niche with strong competition.
- Go for a less explored niche with better growth potential.
In any case, we want the niche to be profitable, and it needs to offer opportunities for popular, trending, and unique content.
So which route should you take? Here are some thoughts on each:
Choosing a larger, popular niche
- You will encounter a lot more competition.
- This competition will most likely have stronger connections, resources, and SEO tools if you are just starting out.
- You won’t be able to make money that quickly, but it has the potential for much higher profits in the future.
- Popular niches offer ample content opportunities.
- You will find it easier to find sponsorship and affiliate programs.
- You can partner with already established bloggers within the popular niche.
- Building a website is sometimes easier as many theme developers cater to popular blogging niches.
Choosing a less explored niche
- Less explored (but still potentially profitable) blog niches give you more opportunity to focus on a passion instead of focusing on what’s trending/popular.
- It’s less intimidating since you’re not fighting the giants in space.
- Using keywords will make it easier for you to be successful.
- It’s much easier to build a following.
- You are more likely to gain extremely loyal followers as you may be the only credible online resource for their needs.
- You may find it a bit more difficult to find sponsorship and monetization options.
- Although making money should come sooner if you are able to connect with the right people through marketing.
- Content ideas should be plentiful, but you won’t have as much inspiration to draw from (since not that many people are writing about it online).
Five Best Blog Niches That Make Money (And Are Great For Beginners)
There are a variety of top blogging niches for hobbyists and professionals alike. Many – if not all – of them can be profitable. Overall, though, quality content and strong search engine optimization (SEO) are more important to a blog’s success than a unique niche.
Nonetheless, the top blogging niches listed below give beginners a higher chance of making a comfortable living off of their blog’s earnings. We compiled this list by examining which popular niches are profitable, in demand, and popular enough throughout history (rather than fizzle out after a while).
Read on to find the best niche blog ideas and themes for your next website!
Profitable Niche Blog Idea #1: Food
Everyone eats, so naturally food is a popular blogging topic. Food blogging gets a lot of organic traffic from recipe posts, and you also have the potential to branch out into cookbooks and tutorials. And according to income reports many food blogs are profitable, bringing in thousands (sometimes millions) each month.
It’s a high-demand niche blog idea that makes money and often thrives on trending diet patterns; sometimes we see international cuisines being introduced elsewhere (remember how people in the US suddenly realized there was hummus and avocados?); In other cases, social media plays a role, like for example everyone wanted to present cakes and sourdough bread at the beginning of the Covid pandemic. In short, food blogs often generate unique topic ideas.
You have an even better chance of creating a profitable blog if you specialize in a particular diet; Unique vegan and vegetarian blogs, for example, have an easier time building a loyal audience than more general food blogs, as do popular blogs related to specific food allergies.
Learn how to create a popular food blog to start your journey to profitable content creation! 👈
Niche Blog Idea #2: Fashion
Fashion blogs are one of the most searched types of blogs on the internet . If you decide to start one, there’s a good chance you can generate organic traffic fairly quickly, as thousands of people want to follow good, unique blogs in this profitable niche.
There are also good opportunities for sponsorships as you are constantly working with branded products to look for trending niche blog topics. You can also easily expand your brand to other platforms like Instagram and YouTube, create additional revenue streams and become profitable faster.
Popular niches in the fashion world vary based on the trends themselves. Fashion moves fast, but many bloggers have found success by focusing on beginner fashion (like beginner fashion for college kids or people who have just recently moved to a city). or when they catered to unique needs, like fashion for people with specific hair types, heights, or body types.
Learn how to create a fashion blog with a beautiful theme, energy for fashion and some popular blog themes 👈
Profitable Niche Blog Idea #3: Personal Finance
Managing your money can get confusing, which is why so many people turn to good personal finance blogs for help. And since they’re usually run by financially savvy individuals, it’s not surprising that some of these blogs are in high demand and profitable, with some making tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars a month .
Finance is a popular niche that’s not easy to jump into. While you don’t need a formal financial education, you at least want to be comfortable with your own money and have unique tips and tricks to share with readers.
When you’re wondering how to find a profitable niche in finance, it usually starts with assessing your strengths when it comes to personal finance, then searching for good blog topics, trending ideas, and specific people who might be able to help with specific ones need financial situations.
For example the money under 30 blog helps young adults; Get rich slowly focuses on building wealth intelligently: with minimal risk; and The Penny Hoarder uses unique ideas to save money and also offers activities to do at home that make money along with coupons to help you save in the future.
Niche Blog Idea #4: Lifestyle
The “lifestyle” blogging niche is something of a catch-all term. It only requires bloggers to write about their daily lives and related topics, so lifestyle blogs don’t always stick to a single topic as narrowly as those in some other profitable, high-demand niches. A popular subset is the infamous “mommy blog”:
You can essentially create a blog that chronicles your life; Still, it needs to have some appeal with trendy niches and an overall theme that’s fun, relatable, and useful — like mom blogs, family travel blogs, or even city life blogs. The idea is to outline how you live your life and this often leads to profitable ventures as you can come up with good hacks that people can implement in their own lives.
A whole industry was born around this niche blog idea, with huge opportunities for sponsorships and other monetization techniques (since one can recommend everything from kitchen utensils to car products and cinemas to children’s toys). The biggest challenge is to stand out from the crowd to gain the unique visibility needed to grow your readership. As always, high traffic niche blogs will help you connect with readers.
The lifestyle niche blog topic is a wonderful adventure, but you need to have the organization to manage a variety of subtopics — considering the average person does quite a bit on a day-to-day basis.
Learn how to create a lifestyle blog 👈
Best Blog Niches #5: Blogging
As strange as it may seem at first to put “blogging” on a list of the best blogging niches, blogging is actually an extremely popular, profitable topic for blogs. However, when you think about it, it makes a little more sense since people start blogging because they enjoy it. So it makes sense that they would also want to write about the popular topic.
copy blogger, Problogger.comand the Smart passive income blog All follow similar models and are aimed at content creators looking to become profitable in their own unique niche. You’ll see niche blog topics like “creative ways to break writer’s block,” “best services to inspire your work,” and “building an audience in the creative economy.”
Also, if you’re already involved in the blogging community, other blogs are an obvious source of advice and news. This might explain why there are blogs in this niche that see more than 100,000 visitors come in via organic search. It all stems from blog owners finding trending niches within blogging, writing guides with good blog topics, and employing profitable monetization techniques.
Finding a niche blog idea can help you stay focused and relevant to your readers. However, as a professional blogger, you also want to be profitable. Getting into one of the more popular and profitable niches might make it easier to make a living, so we recommend considering these trending popular blog ideas and regularly boosting your brand with niche blog topics as you write.
Throughout this post, we’ve explored five of the top blog niches:
- personal finance.
- To blog.
We also linked you to some guides on how to start blogs in these unique niches. For other types of profitable trending blogs, you can check out our general blog building guide.
Do you have questions about choosing a good niche for your blog? Ask in the comments section below!
* This post contains affiliate links, which means that we earn a commission if you click on any of the product links and then purchase the product. Don’t worry, you’ll still pay the standard amount, so you won’t incur any costs.