How to Start a Beauty Blog and Make Money: Your Step-by-Step Guide
If you are interested in fashion and beauty, creating your own beauty blog could be a great way to turn your passion into income. Beauty blogging is a busy niche. However, with the right kind of website, hard work, and your unique take on beauty tips and tricks, there is potential to make it big. So how do you start a beauty blog?
In this article, we will discuss step by step how to set up and run a successful beauty blog that makes money. Read on for our six key steps that…
How to start a beauty blog in six steps
- 🚉 Choosing a website platform (we always recommend WordPress).
- 💻 Purchase of hosting and a domain.
- 🎨 Pick a beauty blogging theme that best suits your style.
- 🔌 Install plugins to add extra functionality to your website.
- ✍️ Create engaging blog posts.
- 💰 Implement strategies to monetize your beauty blog.
Are you ready to start a beauty blog?
1. Choose a website platform
For those who are new to web design, choosing a website platform to create your blog can be a daunting task. However, here at KCCSB we always recommend WordPress because we honestly believe that WordPress is by far the best option available. Here are just a few reasons why…
It is important to note that when we talk about WordPress in this article, we are referring to the self-hosted WordPress.orgNot WordPress.com – despite the similar names, the two are different things.
2. Buy hosting and a domain name
If you choose WordPress, you will need your own hosting to run the WordPress software. Don’t worry – while this sounds a bit complicated, it really isn’t and you don’t need any special technical knowledge to set this up.
For new beauty bloggers, We recommend Bluehost Because:
- It’s affordable. You only pay a few dollars a month and you even get a free domain name.
- It’s easy to use. They make it super easy to install WordPress and give you a custom dashboard that’s really handy.
Bluehost gives you a free domain name, but you still have to choose which domain you want to use.
Creating the perfect domain name for your new blog can be stressful. You want a unique name that reflects your style or beauty niche and that is instantly recognizable and memorable to your audience. Try brainstorming beauty keywords that might appear in your domain. Then use a domain name generator to find possible names.
After purchasing your domain and hosting plan, the next thing you need to do is install a WordPress theme suitable for a beauty blog. Let’s learn more about it…
3. Pick a beauty blogging topic
The design of your WordPress site controls how it looks.
When Bluehost installs WordPress for you, it uses the default WordPress theme. However, if you start a beauty blog, it is recommended to install a beauty blogging specific theme.
A beauty theme takes care of your website looks like a beauty blog and has all the essential design elements that a website like this could possibly need. You can then customize the content, images, colors, and more to ensure your site reflects your branding.
There are a number of free and premium WordPress themes to choose from. As he by WP Royal is a stunning free WordPress beauty blogging theme that you can download from the free WordPress repository. Features are…
- Full Screen Slider
- Selection of page layouts
- Theme customizer
- Promo boxes and banner ad space
- WooCommerce support
There’s one too Pro version by Ashe, giving you the ability to update your site’s theme in the future as your blog grows.
If you want more options, check this out our full collection of fashion/beauty themes 👈
4. Install WordPress plugins
While themes affect the look of your beauty blog, plugins help you add new functionality.
If you are starting a beauty blog, there are a number of WordPress plugins that you should install to add extra functionality to your site. Let’s take a look…
- MetaSlider – Add beautiful images to your blog by adding sliders on pages and posts of your choice. This will help capture the attention of your readers.
- opt-in forms – Grow your email list by displaying attractive opt-in forms for your posts and pages.
- Instagram feed – Increase your Instagram followers by displaying your social network images on your beauty blog.
Along with these beauty-specific plugins, there are also some must-have WordPress plugins that all blogs need.
5. Create your blog posts
When you start a beauty blog, there is a lot to consider. But producing great content should be your top priority. Let’s take a look at some top tips for creating blog articles that make an impact…
- Unique Content – You need to make sure your content is unique and stands out from the crowd. Either pick a niche within the beauty industry to focus on or add your own interesting spin on topics. Your loyal readers will be the ones who personally connect with you as an individual, so make sure your personality shines through your writing.
- pictures – Stunning, high-quality images will inspire your followers, support your writing, and ensure your articles capture the attention of your audience. Canva lets you create great-looking images.
- videos – Creating videos in which you discuss and demonstrate how to use different beauty products can be an effective way to grow your following. Create your own YouTube channel where you can upload your videos and then easily embed them on your blog.
It’s important to create a schedule to ensure you’re posting a variety of content on a regular basis. Once published, promote your blog articles on social media and your email list to encourage your audience to visit your website. This will help you create regular and loyal followers for your beauty blog.
6. Monetize your beauty blog
Once you have your beauty blog set up, now is the time to monetize it. There are many methods you can use to generate income from your blog. Let’s have a look…
One of the most successful ways to make money from a beauty blog is through affiliate marketing. You can join relevant affiliate programs and then promote their products on your website. Add an affiliate link to your page or post every time you mention a product. If your readers click through and buy the product, you get a percentage of the sale.
Amazon Associates is an extremely easy to use and potentially profitable affiliate program. You can use the Amazon SiteStripe tool to add affiliate links to any product you mention on your blog. Just make sure you choose high-quality products that you can truly vouch for, or you’ll quickly lose your audience.
Place ads on your website
Selling ad space on your beauty blog can be a great strategy if you want to generate recurring monthly revenue. However, this is only a viable option if your website gets a lot of traffic.
Make sure every brand promoting on your blog reflects your beauty niche. You want advertising to improve your website and not detract from the user experience.
Create and sell your own products
If you have an eye for design, creating and selling your own products might be an option once your blog is up and running. WooCommerce is a freemium ecommerce plugin that allows you to turn your blog into a full-featured online store. First, focus on building a loyal audience because then you’ll have the perfect target market to sell to.
Final thoughts on starting a beauty blog
There is a lot to consider when starting a beauty blog. However, if you follow the steps and tips in this article, you’ll be well on your way to creating a successful and profitable blog. Much luck!